Finding Mr Wright...

 



'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.’ 
Robert Ingersoll

Wright (Cesti) is the Manager of Loisaba Tented Camp and has also managed the prestigious Loisaba Lodo Springs Camp and the Loisaba Star Beds. With his easy-going, natural attitude towards everyone, Wright soon makes people feel comfortable and is very easy to talk to, genuinely interested in the lives and outlook of those he meets. His calm manner and deep voice make everything seems well with the world even though he is often under a lot of pressure, taking care of two full camps and up to fifty staff.

It was perhaps inevitable that he pursue a career in hospitality since his father was also in the same profession:

“My career has been challenging but successful so far. I have always been passionate about getting a universal experience of the world, and hospitality gives me that chance. I am always eager to face the challenges and always try to be enthusiastic and dynamic. It’s wonderful to be involved in conservation too.”
Standing on 'Reception Rock' to take a call

“I oversee all of the operations for the camp, making sure that everything is up to par and that all of the guests’ and staffs' needs are met. I manage the housekeeping, food service, facilities, and security whilst making sure that we comply with all of the rules and regulations that apply to Elewana Collection and Loisaba Community; covid has brought in a whole new level of precautions that we are committed to in order to ensure everyone’s safety.”

“The three camps at Loisaba are all very different. Loisaba Lodo Springs offers an ultra-private experience for guests who have their own dedicated butler, whereas Loisaba Tented Camp offers a more African-themed sophistication and style. People from both camps as well as short-term visitors often like to spend one or two nights at Loisaba Star Beds where their bed is directly under the night sky.”

In the beautiful lounge at Lodo Springs

“I have to be on call twenty-four hours with my job, but when I’m not working I like to go on bike rides, to watch football, and to interact with my friends. I always like to be learning something new; I’ve recently taken up Scrabble which a guest introduced me to – and we played in English and Kiswahili! I actually speak four languages – Luo, Luganda, Swahili and English. I am a Luo myself.”


“Loisaba is a very beautiful place. I’m also lucky to come from an area in Uganda, although I am Kenyan, where there is interesting tropical vegetation all year round and a really interesting culture.”

“When I need to look forward to a bright future, I remember this proverb:

‘A slow movement of a tiger is not a mistake but a well calculated move...’”



Comments

Popular Posts